Sunday, April 24, 2005

My life as a graduate

Okay, I am not a graduate yet, but nearly there. I have no flippin' clue what to do with myself. I am over that whole 30-thing. I mean, I am still dealing with the body thing, but as school winds down for the year (for the past 6 yrs!), I am finding time and energy to work out again. I have muscles!!
I am in so many honor societies...my gown is going to be seriously crowded at commencement with cords, medallions, a stole, pins, the works, and I don't even graduate until December. I want to walk with friends, though. In six years or so on campus, I have really only made friends this past year, and mainly because of Golden Key. Maybe that is why I am such a geek about it. I felt like such a floater until the past year or so. Not any longer. I have awards and certificates galore to hang on my walls...yet no diploma yet. And I can't get a blasted job without it!
Don't get me started on the whole wedding in September and having to pay for it. I think that will be a separate blog altogether!

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyPharmBunny said...

Okay, so I hung up my graduation gown tonight, but not until I put on my mortar board and thought of how stupid I looked. It kinda takes the regalness out of it when you look all frumpy. I guess being just one of hundreds should help ease my discomfort.
I am finding time to clean the house here and there....some laundry, dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms, organizing....much more fun than studying for biochemistry..ugh. I should get to bed, but somehow I like vegging in front of the computer. It's so much better than TV, and certainly more interractive!

April 25, 2005 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger AmyPharmBunny said...

Okay, it's Friday. I'm not a graduate yet. 2 more exams to go, and this is the last day of classes. I just can't concentrate. I have from May 12th-29th to enjoy myself at home, and I found out yesterday I have to do another experiment, which starts the 19th and ends the 28th, the day before I leave for Europe. Urggghhh! C'est la vie!
On a more positive note, I am going to a teddy bear picnic today at my daughter's school. It is nice to know I can start doing things with her. Well, I should get off to my last day of class.

May 6, 2005 at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google